We’ve rearranged the bookshop so that we can reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission while still keeping it beautiful and welcoming. Some of the main changes are
- screens round our counter
- hand gel for you when you come in and go out (if you’re planning to wear gloves in the shop, please talk to us)
- check-in hatch in the corridor so we can make sure there’s space for you in the shop area you need
- one person (or household group) at a time in each of these 5 areas
- Children’s books, art materials, CDs
- Main books
- Cards, stationery, bargain books
- if the area you need is occupied, you can wait outside or book a time to come back later
- extra-protected appointments available for extra-vulnerable customers – just you in the shop, plus one of us in our screened area
- delivery service if you can’t come to the shop
- where possible please pay by contactless card, even for small purchases
- parts of the shop will sometimes be closed briefly for the more frequent cleaning necessary through the day
So we have kit and systems, but what will really make it all work are good will and good humour. We don’t have to be distant with each other as we adapt together. Between us – booksellers and customers – we can keep the bookshop a relaxed, browsable, beautiful space.
We are really looking forward to seeing you.
Bridget and Barbara